This has been a rough week in SO very many ways! I do not like to sit still and allow others to do my "job" or what I feel is my job of cleaning, cooking, caring for my house and children, etc. Why? Because it is humbling and I don't think its easy or "desirable" for most of us to be humbled! Its hard and it shows weakness and the need for help! Well, DUH as Riley would say! Isn't that what makes people so unwilling to let Christ take control, because we will not be humbled and allow him to take control of our lives??? Oh what a reminder a silly ankle can be! Some of my dearest friends from church have been a reminder of that today--sweet Jenn came to my house and scrubbed my bathroom--my bathroom--who wants to scrub my bathroom??? Not many but she did despite me telling her "no" because she wanted to serve! Kim came and took Ri out for a playdate with her sweet Kate and just helped her have "RI" time and not mininurse time :)! My mom, sis, dad, hubby, etc. have been WONDERFUL :)
I also do not like to sit still. Thinking is sometimes very very unhealthy for me and when I sit ALOT like I have been, my mind can get into bad spots! I have thought alot about Cicely this week, alot about the aching in my heart that sometimes I don't know how to fix or why its there and when I sit still I know its that missing part of my heart that she took away----only a few months of kicks and punches and only a short time of birth and No earthly breathes taken, yet that little life has changed me entire life! My friend and I were talking about loss a little this morning, talking about blogging and being able to just let it all go........anyway, we also talked about a few of the links on my page and I thought I would explain! MEND is a wonderful organization that connects mothers who are either pregnant knowing their babies will not survive outside the womb or mothers who have already lost a baby! The incredible thing is that they connect people via the birth defect or problem! SO, I always gets messages from mom's who are dealing with Hydrops or something similar! Sometimes I get messages from people are just in need of prayer which is why I have linked a few of them! MEND has been wonderful as many people love us and pray for us but do not know the hurt, pain, etc. The people MEND connects us with allows us to know that our emotions, battled depression, aches, etc. are "normal"--what a wonderful feeling at some points :) Don't we all want to feel normal??? Feel free to join these ladies pages, the more encouragement and prayer, the better!
Thanks for your prayers, support, help, ears to listen, etc. Love you all!
My prayer this week was, God, why do the simplest things seem so difficult or so painful? Lord please lighten the load, it is becoming much too heavy!!!! I give it to you. Amen
1 comments:
katy~ thank you for sharing about your cicley grace. God radically changed my view of life when He gave us oliver just as i am sure He did yours through your precious daughter.
i would love to hear more of your story or maybe you can direct me to it in your blog.
i don't know about you but every time i get the chance to share oliver's story he lives on.
time cannot heal the wound that we carry- only the living God can. may He bless you today and i smile knowing my oliver and your cicely are being held in the arms of their very Creator today. blessings to you and yours.
Post a Comment