The Dortenzo Crew!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 27, 2009

Quick morning story!

I should just add this to my Riley post but........a new post is just as good! I am posting these stories in hopes that I will print them out into her book someday :)! This morning as I was getting dressed, Riley said, momma are you going to have another baby! At first I thought--oh no, does she think I look like I am going to??? :( I asked her why and she said, "because I want another sister". My heart sank a little! I said, yes we would like another baby but I don't know if it will be a girl or not! She said, well I want a sister in our house NOT far away! I told her that she would see her sister again someday in heaven! She just stared at me and then said, "but we might not get to sit beside each other". I took a moment to think about what that might have meant and kinda giggled! I said, sure you can sit together! She said, WE CAN??? But, what if there isn't space? Then my brain clicked! I asked if if she meant in the ground, at the graveyard (where she has been to see her sister's plaque)! That is what she meant--she wanted to sit beside her sister--she thought that is where she was--waiting for Ri to come and sit beside her! Oh my did that make my heart break! But, we talked about our spirits and how they leave our bodies and go to heaven if we believe and love Christ and THAT is where she will see her sister! She was excited about that! So, today, a few days before she turns 5, she has some understanding of our spirit vs. our bodies--what a concept to try and understand as a little person! :) I love these conversations and am blessed that God has given me the opportunity to have them with her each day!!

1 comments:

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

One of the biggest blessings for me and some of the most healing converstations were with our oldest son (now fifteen!)...who was two when we lost our Faith and Grace...and later four when we lost Thomas. There is something so precious about their child-like faith...their willingness to talk about death, loss, and heaven...their openness. It is so refreshing...especially when the world around us is often not comfortable or open in talking about the babies in heaven at all! We shared so many thoughts and talked about tea parties and barbie pajamas in heaven. He drew pictures. We wondered what they were doing in heaven...could they see us? What would it be like if they were here? It was both heart-wrenching and heart-soothing, our conversations...but I treasure every one of them. Thank you for sharing your moment with sweet Riley. Treasure these gifts...even as your heart aches.