We are only a few days from Riley's 5th birthday! How is that possible? 5 seems so old to me--so beyond where I want to be! Why?? Because I love having my time with her! I know that in just a few short months, she will be in school all day, every day! OH MY! BUT--back to why I love that face!
Today is my Papa's bday, he is still so missed! I wanted to go and see Gma today, I always do on this day--even if she doesn't know its his day or not! For some reason, seeing her face is comforting :)! Well, today her brother, sister in law, sister, and brother in law were all coming (no one gave me a "warning there are lots of relatives coming" phone call)! But, it was OK we got to say hello and give hugs and Miss Riley was able to perform for them! Yes, I said perform, and not act out or go crazy! She literally performed! They said hello to her and she stared at them for a few moments while I thought, "oh no, what is she cooking up in that brain"! Then she stepped in front of all of them and began, "the virgin Mary had a baby boy, the virgin Mary had a baby boy, and they said that His name was...Jesus"! She went through all 4 verses like a pro--I mean seriously she could have been on American Idol and won out! You should have seen my extended family's faces--they loved it and I loved watching her light up the room! I love that face!
We watched Oliver and Company last night--AWESOME movie if you have not watched it! It was one of my sissy's favorites when we were little so I loved that Ri wanted to check it out! Well, at the end they play all sorts of "ballet type" music! Riley was up doing all sorts of twirls, arm motions, serious ballet faces, etc. She was so beautiful, so graceful, so fun to watch! I love that face!
A few nights ago Riley asked about our neighbors--they are adopted--Riley knows this because she has heard their adoptive parents talk about the situation (and when people talk, Ri misses NOTHING)! Anyway, Riley wanted to know why kids get adopted and where there other parents were--can you say loaded question?? So, after we went through some delicate options, she felt satisfied w ith my answer! When we got settled in to pray before bed, she was quiet, but she started to pray! Part of her prayer, "God please let my neighbors not be sad that they don't get to see their other family and not be able kiss their mommy goodnight and God please love them"! I LOVE THAT FACE!
My Riley has started to take her shirts, put them on hangers, and hang them up! She has started to set the table, make her bed, and pick out her clothes (sometimes inappropriate but she still does it)! My Riley has started to say thank you, please, excuse me, etc. more and more without any reminders, My Riley loves to read her Bible and learn about Jesus, My Riley can count to 50--almost 60, My Riley knows her alphabet and knows what many of the letters sound like, look like, etc. My Riley LOVES to help cook dinner and is great company in the kitchen, My Riley can warm any elderly person's heart with her smile and wave :) (and she does so gladly), My Riley loves to sing about Jesus and she loves to loudly sing His praises :), My Riley loves to know things and learn as much as she can, My Riley is my miracle girl--my rainbow child, I LOVE THAT FACE!
I LOVE THAT FACE, THAT FACE OF A TODDLER IN THAT PICTURE ABOVE BUT I LOVE THE FACE OF MY ALMOST FIVE YEAR OLD AND I AM SO PROUD TO BE HER MOMMA!
Save pdf smaller size mac online
9 years ago













1 comments:
i'm cryin! what a sweet celebration of your sweet girl. we love her too.
Post a Comment