The Dortenzo Crew!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm putting it out there :)!

So, I am watching the end of ER--I have watched this show on and off for years!! I would not say that I was a ER freak but I do like the show and have watched it frequently! For weeks I have been working on something, something that I feel I have been called to do for a long time but am just now starting to understand and put into action! I have met with a lawyer, have papers from an accountant, etc. in order to set up SWEET GRACE MINISTRIES! I am psyched to have just wrote that! I just watched "Dr. Carter" say a little speech about opening his new center in honor of his son that passed away! He felt that it would make a "little sense out of their tragedy" and "help he and his wife heal by helping others through their troubles"! SOO--this is part of my point and why I have been spending MANY hours working on this project, on this dream, on this vision that I feel God has put on my heart and the hearts of others!!

We are all given things, plans, trials, joys, etc. We are given them for reasons, some we will never know! However, I have learned through teaching and reading that we are given suffering and the only way to take comfort from that suffering is to use it! Use it to learn, to grow, to help, to teach, to love, to show Jesus, etc.! We were given Cicely Grace for many months and I believe her life had and has a purpose! We live in a town that is not all that knowledgeable on loss and "what to do with it"! Quite honestly, I think people are nervous to talk about infant loss because it has not been a topic taught on or spoken about! The journey of losing a baby, a child is lonely--so lonely! Its a word I think about alot! And my journey only became a little less lonely when I shared my journey with a mom who was only embarking on her own! Parents of loss become instantly connected, its a loss so hard to explain to those who have not experienced it or walked the days after!

So, be in prayer for Sweet Grace Ministries! Be in prayer for a Board of Directors to be lifted up by name to serve, be in prayer for paperwork to go smoothly, be in prayer for open hearts, be in prayer for donations of prayer, supplies, love, etc., be in prayer for Jesus to lead, be in prayer for us to honor Cicely's life by helping others, and be in prayer that healing can continue through this process! I AM PSYCHED! God is good!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, this is wonderful, Katy! I pray that the Lord blesses you and all that come in contact with this ministry over and over again... as I'm sure He will! This can only result in good, good things - that you for being a faithful servant and seeing this through!