The Dortenzo Crew!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Walk with you--choosing a name :)



Jump on over and visit Kelly's blog and walk along side mom's who have lost sweet babies and are sharing their journey together in attempt to find peace and healing together! Blessings to you all!

As I wrote in week 3......." We had been so consumed with her prognosis and our pain that we had never talked about a name! Our parents left at that time so that we could have time to talk and discuss plans (names, burial, cremation, etc., things that one should never have to talk about while in labor)! Cicely is my mom's first name, many cousins name and a great aunt's name! I love the name! Grace--I love the name grace but I love the MEANING of grace even more--and God's grace was so very evident to us in that moment as we sat and prayed and cried out!"

Grace is defined in Scripture as something that teaches us how to live! Doesn’t sound like the traditional definition of grace? I know it doesn't :)!! However, it is the Scriptural definition. Titus 2:11-12, "For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;" God's grace is available to EVERY man and woman and child EVERYWHERE! Its not something about what we do or how we do it--its a gift from God--its a gift that teaches about faith! For us, Cicely GRACE taught us alot about faith and God's goodness and love for us even in the darkest of days! Cicely's middle name, Grace, is a reminder of what God has and is teaching us and showing us through her sweet life and death! We were believers before I was pregnant with Cicely and we trusted in God with all our hearts but I do believe that we were reminded and recommitted of God's grace during my pregnancy! Grace is given to us so that we are able to escape sin's grip and fully follow the path and will of God! Was our C. Grace given to us so that we would fully follow our God?? I don't know all God's planning in her life and death--no one does nor will until we meet him face to face however, I do know that it WAS His will and planning and in that I find some comfort!

Her name is sometimes so bittersweet for me I can barely speak it, I sometimes say, "the first time I was pregnant or our first daughter"! Why do I do that?? Honestly I am not fully sure but I do believe its a type of defense mechanism I have made for myself--a way of protecting my heart when I speak about our sweet girl and yet I also feel that its a part of the healing process I have yet to embark on--the ability to say her name without breaking down each time--the ability to feel her name on my lips and not feel sick with heartache--the ability to say her name and smile knowing she has already met our Heavenly Father! Someday her name will be a sweet sound spoken and not just thought each day, each hour!

3 comments:

Jennifer Ross said...

What a nice name that has been passed throughout your family. Cicely Grace, what a beautiful name. Very carefully chosen.

Love,
Jenny

Holly said...

Cicely is a strong family name. :) Grace is a beautiful name with so much meaning. I am thankful for God's grace.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Cicely Grace is a beautiful name. Thanks so much for sharing about God's grace for us as well. As I mentioned, Grace is my favorite girl name...and as you know it is also one of my favorite subjects (or attributes of our sweet Lord). Praying God's continued comfort for you...