The Dortenzo Crew!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lilies!

Each year my aunt order lilies to be put in their church in memory of my grandfather and of Cicely! And each year, she drops the lily off here so that I can plant it! I love flowers and plants and I love to spend time working on them! Its a hobby I think I have learned to love from my Gma! And its something she and I can talk about and love together which is something that is special to me!

Anyway :)..........I LOVE when the lilies begin to grow and bloom--for me, its an earthly sign of growth and healing each year! Each time they bloom I feel like its a reminder from God that my life is blessed and abundant with His blessings and grace in my life! Its Cicely's reminder of life eternal--that one day we will be reunited in God's heavenly kingdom. Yes we mourn her absence each day, sometimes each hour, but as God has taken her away, He has also given us much and we need to remember that and be thankful for God's incredible gifts!


Aren't lilies beautiful??? Each one is so unique and different from the other and each season they multiply and grow! The lily is often used at Easter--symbols of hope, joy, and life! What a wonderful flower to plant and remind us in griet of God's promises of those 3 things--HOPE, JOY, and LIFE!!!

0 comments: