The Dortenzo Crew!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day!!!

Mother's Day--such an incredible day yet so weird! I was reading on another blog last week about a mom who has trouble celebrating her daughter's birthday because its so close to her other child's, whom has passed away, birthday! I have this same problem with March and I have similar issues with Mother's Day!

There are days when I feel manic--seriously--manic! One of these days in Mother's Day! This is why I dearly LOVE all my blogging friends who, although I don't love their pain, understand these manic days! When I read about Angie's
incident with her girls and the tree she planted for sweet Audrey, I knew that pain! I knew that manic feeling--that feeling of just hanging on to anything you can that is a piece of your sweet child whom you just want to hold and be with! Mother's Day is such a wonderful day to celebrate my mama, my Gma, my aunts, my beautiful children and the mother they have taught me to be and so very much more! BUT, its also a bitter sweet day for me, a day in which I remember with deep heart pains and sadness that I am missing the child that first made me a mom!

The child that made the mom inside my heart come to life with her little kicks and hiccups! The child who taught me to trust in God so deeply and taught me that there is a plan for each of us, not always the plan we have in our strong heads, but a plan that God has so
incredibly woven and made--AMAZING!!! Yes I think about that sweet child, that God made and choose to have a short but large life on this earth, each day and immensely on Mother's Day!

But I am so very thankful for her life and for the incredible faith her life has instilled in my heart! I am thankful that her life has made me a mom who loves her children to pieces and knows how delicate their lives are! I am thankful for her life that has made me a mom who can't get enough of of her little sister and little brother because I think about all the time I am missing out on with her and how blessed I am to have time with them!!! I am thankful for the child who is getting heaven before we do! I am thankful for Cicely's life and for all the things she has taught us and will continue to teach us through the pain and heartache of her life and death. Truth be told, I can't wait till the day we get to heaven to see her and hold her but until then, I know Jesus is taking good care of her! Happy Mother's Day to all momma's out there but especially to those who I know are missing a child on a day in which we think about why we are called "mom"! May God's strength and peace be with you and may you be thankful for each of your children whether here or in heaven and how each of their lives has made you into the mom you are today! Blessings :)

0 comments: