This morning while we were cleaning up bedrooms and getting dressed, Riley had some questions :)! Now, Riley having questions is not, "what are we having for lunch or what will we wear today". Riley is a thinker--an emotional thinker--meaning that she deeply loves and cares for people and circumstances and she likes to know, really know what is going on with people! Her "surrogate Aunt Liz" among many others says frequently that, "she loves Riley's heart"! You know, I do too! :) Truly, in the midst of her independence, the need to have things the way she wants them, her sensory overloads, etc. There is a HUGE, sweet, sweet, heart in that beautiful body and I am so grateful for it each day!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Does Jesus have a wife?
Anyway, back to my point, this morning Riley said, "mom, does Jesus have a wife?"..........Um....no he doesn't buddy why? "Well, how does he take care of all His children and heaven without a wife?" Well, I laughed out loud at that one! What societal thing is in her brain already--that the wife has to take care of house and kids?? Not that its not OK--I mean that is what her mommy does and most of her mommy's friends so it seems only natural.......But, she was deeply concerned about Jesus not having help! SO, we got to talk about angels and all the people that have gone before us and are now in heaven to help Jesus take care of the world! Riley: "OH--OK Mom--that makes sense, thats why everyone dies, so that Jesus can have lots of help"! Well, that is probably part of it, yes, but we die so that we can live forever WITH Jesus in heaven......
With that, she was off, on to playing, but I was grateful and am grateful for our little talks! I love them and I love her!
Posted by The Dortenzos at 10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













0 comments:
Post a Comment