The Dortenzo Crew!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Our sweet girl turned 6!

Yesterday (March 2) was Riley Grace's 6th birthday and while its hard to believe she is 6, I can't imagine these past 6 years without her sweet spirit, hugs, dancing, singing, crazy laugh, beautiful drawings, girlie dress up sessions, and so much more! We love our girl so very much and are thankful to God for the gift of her life! Riley (and Luke) always plan out their bday meal! On their actual bday we have dinner just the 4 of us and then celebrate with the extended fam sometime later in the week! My husband is Italian and Riley definitely has some of his genes (obviously)! But the girl LOVES her Italian food! So her menu wishes were: meatballs, raviolis, (which we renamed Rileyolis) and cannolis! Since I have been feeling SO very horrible I decided to buy her a cannoli cake (which she was quite happy with) instead of making cannolis! But we had a great bday dinner and the beam on her face was awesome as she filled her belly with her favorites! I did surprise her with a special snack of strawberries with chocolate after she got out of the bath..........she ate quite a few and went to bed with a full happy belly!
Here is her cannoli cake, which comes with a cannoli on top that the birthday girl enjoyed all to herself! Giant did a great job--I even tasted a little (and regretted it later)!
Riley was so ready for her meatballs I caught her attempting to stick a whole one in her mouth--we convinced her to just take a bite but this one was gone in less than a minute :)!
Riley's teacher made her this crown and name tag which she proudly wore all day at school and most of the night at home! What a great way to make them feel special at school--I missed doing things with her all day for the first time on her birthday so I was glad to see that her teacher did things all day to love on my sweet girl!

Not sure where the time has gone but I do know that you are growing into a beautiful young lady who we are so very proud of! We love you sweet Riley Grace! Happy 6th Birthday!

0 comments: