The Dortenzo Crew!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

7 YEARS!!!!!

So, I have a crush :)! There is this guy who is an incredible father, a spiritual head and leader in the word, he makes me laugh, makes me try new things and push myself a little further, he helps take care of our house and does the chores I don't like, he hugs me just when I need it the most, and listens to my every heartache, wish, and dream.  In short, this guy is my dream guy and I continue to have a crush on him each day even after 7 years of marriage!  Tomorrow--August 11th, will be 7 years and I can honestly say that I love my husband more now than I ever did!  But, I still get this bursting feeling in my stomach and heart when he smiles at me or when I get a hug and I LOVE THAT! He left for Colorado last Thursday and we both had tears in our eyes!  My mom was with me when he left and I said, "I remember when dad used to leave for business trips and you and he would cry, I always thought it was silly"!  Now, I get it!  It doesn't matter how many days it will be or even hours, or how many times you leave each other, when you love someone not having them beside you or near you is so very hard!  I love you Joshua E. Dortenzo and I would say "I do" all over again today!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Annie said...

That is amazing!!! I can't believe that we share not only our anniversary but also the exact birthday of our first child?!?! WOW!!! Pretty crazy!! :)
Thanks for writing a note. It is always fun to find random people who are reading your blog, isn't it!? Thanks for your kind words. I wonder at your saying our oldest children are similar, though. We have had a rough year with Aiden and we have just seen an OT to confrim a Sensory Processing Disorder. It is great to have answers and an explanation for his a-typical behavior over the smallest and strangest things.
I doubt your oldest shares this in common with my Aiden...but I'm sure they do share many "first child" similarities! :) Thanks again for checking in on our blog.
Blessings to you and your family!
~annie

Annie said...

Here is a website that is somewhat helpful in getting an idea of what Aiden has been diagnosed with, although the "Red flags" page was not exhaustive to say the least and I probably would not have "diagnosed" aiden with this had I just been going by the "red flags" page.

http://www.spdfoundation.net/aboutspd.html

I'd be glad to talk with you more about it. If you send me your email address in a comment on my blog, I will reject the comment and not publish it (so your email is not out there for everyone to see ) but that way we can continue this conversation over our email.

~annie